4.28.2011

Tornados...

They're cool. At least, I thought so from Dorothy and Toto.

 Ahh, they're really not cool when they kill people, turn life's upside-down/inside-out, and make a teacher crouch in fetal position during a drill (in a skirt on top of that).

The last 24 hours of storms resulted in over 300 deaths in the South.

Even we evacuated to the basement last night while we were in a warning. How did I know about this warning?  Facebook, of course! Lord forbid, I find out by a siren (which is nearby), a phone call,

Of course as soon as we made it downstairs to the Man Cave, the man of the house, Dad, went upstairs to visit the pantry. 

One thing I love about my brother and I is that we are true siblings...a true love/annoy-each-other relationship. But, when it comes to life and serious situations we instinctual know to answer the phone and respond to texts.  

Even this morning at 5:40, he was texting me about another warning because he knew I was up.

Check out this video. The whole video is worth it but 2:30 through 5:00 put tornados into perspective.


Moral of the Story: My first soccer team was called the Purple Tornados. Do you see any purple? This is how lives are so skewed. Plus, check out the comments on the video. People are crazy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment