2.12.2012

Scare yourself...

Today, I did 3 things that were new, in untouched territory of my life.

Isn't anything new slightly scary? When you step outside your comfort zone, it's new land. I can lean on past experiences, but I definitely grow within the new experience.


  1. Play basketball. I spent more time today playing basketball than I have in my life. 2 hours. 4 v 4. With men. Who like to jump. High. They're gracious when they play with me.  Anyway, I finally shot (maybe 3 total shots, who's counting?!) and it went in. The feeling was that of crossing the finish line after a half marathon. So, refreshing yet joyful. 
  2. Use my mixer. Usually, I use the one in Cville. I'm not gonna lie. At one point, I had to text T 'baking SOS.' Needless-to-say, I made this recipe. What was cool is that H had taught me so much about baking during those lazy summer days, that I had experience to rely on. Momma said, 'they're the best thing I've tasted in awhile.' Here's the recipe...http://cookiesandcups.com/breaking-up-is-hard-to-do/
  3. This one wasn't scary. But, I did Windex the mixer after I was done. This is for Christina. For I may or may not have jabbed her more times than not in college about this habit she had.
Moral of the Story: 


1 comment:

  1. I WINDEXED MY MIXER TONIGHT!! I made red velvet cupcakes for my coworkers. You should move to Richmond:)

    ReplyDelete