11.21.2014

Mockingjay-Part 1



The Farmer took me to see Mockingjay-Part 1 tonight. Pure Friday night bliss...yoga pants, The Farmer, and a movie that started a 7.

It was a complete cliffhanger. I absolutely loved the movie for a few reasons.

First, I hope I have some of the characteristics of Katniss. She completely aligns with my love of Dr. Quinn, Medicine Woman. She creates the trail, rather than following. Yet, the movie also portrays the burden this leadership carries. She's on my list now.

Following that, I love watching big-screen adaptations of movies. I'm the person creating a Venn Diagram in my head and mentally filling it in. Thankfully, my running partner does this too. This movie had very few changes from the book. However, there's more of President Coin and I've never wanted to go to a lumberjack competition more than I do now (let's just leave it at that). The biggest digression from the book is that Effie is present in District 13, and darn if she's doesn't bring some delight to the quaint quarters of District 13.

Finally, the movie ended. And, audience members yelled, "No!" That's the degree to which the series left me wanting more.


Moral of the Story: I'll be humming the Mockingjay tune for a while.




No comments:

Post a Comment