11.30.2014

Week 1 of Advent-Random Acts of Kindness

Advent has arrived. As there are many traditions of Advent, we wait in expectancy and hope for God to come to world as man.

We have begun to prepare for Jesus's birth. The birth which would change mankind.

During these days of patient expectancy and anticipation of Christ's birth in the manger, I am challenged to anticipate the anew--the Messiah.

Through the birth of Jesus, I get or gain life. This world is filled with getting as I embarked on Black Friday shopping or I just got a milkshake at Chik-Fil-A.

Why not practice giving during this time of longing for Jesus? God gave Jesus.

By giving, I can exhibit God's heart just as he gave us a Savior.

Recently my friend, Angie, shared with me a initiative that she's helping lead during the holiday season-random acts of kindness.

So, I've decided to combine Advent and Random Acts of Kindness.  Why?

During this season of preparation, randomly giving to others prepares my heart and those who receive with blessings for the birth on the holy night.

8 Advent Random Acts of Kindness-Week 1
  • Anonymously give flowers to someone.
  • Leave a note of appreciation for a loved one.
  • Give 5 compliments during the day.
  • Visit the public library and pay for someone's overdue fines.
  • Pay for the person behind you at Starbucks.
  • Fulfill an Angel Tree gift need.
  • Mail a letter to a friend.
  • Let other cars go before at a merge (safety first).


Moral of the Story: The Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom more many.~Matthew 20:28

No comments:

Post a Comment