12.31.2014

An Afternoon of Being Pioneer Woman

I am slightly obsessed with Ree Drummond, The Pioneer Woman, after reading her fun-loving biography over spring break.

I feel as though we have similarities. She enjoys blogging, photography, cooking, dogs, and being a mother (ok, I'm not a mother, but I enjoy children).

I enjoy her show, her personality, and her sharing of life on the ranch.

I even traveled to Oklahoma during December secretly thinking I was her.

I must confess I've made very few of her recipes exactly. I've made variations of things I've seen on her show.

But, it was time to get down and gritty and actually follow her directions.

Linda shares a slight affinity for The Pioneer Woman since they share the same homeland. So, it was time to spend a blissful afternoon of vacation in the kitchen making her caramel apple cinnamon buns and her simple cinnamon rolls.

We were inspired by Ree's blog post last week.

We followed her recipes, dirtied the kitchen a few times, and tried not to have flour everywhere. While we weren't on the ranch, we were nestled amongst the Blue Ridge mountains.

For the recipe of the caramel apple cinnamon rolls, you're going to have to buy her holidays book or gently take someone's for a while.

Here's a link to her cinnamon rolls 101 post.




Moral of the Story: The center of a cinnamon roll is a taste that I could live with forever coupled with the relaxing feeling of spending an afternoon baking with a friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment