3.28.2015

Hurt

I haven't been hurt. But, I hurt for others.

Recently, cancer has filled the conversations of hallways, texts, newsfeeds, churches, gyms, and restaurants.

I celebrate the "my last radiation treatment" or "I'm cancer free."

But, then...

I mourn the high schooler seeking peace and comfort.

But, then...

I celebrate that EVHS is willing hold a ceremony for her to graduate on Monday.

But, then...

I hear hospice has been called in.

But, then...

I cherish my students eating cupcakes because they raised $75.00 in change for Relay For Life.

But, then...

I mourn the the stage 4 diagnosis for a 36-year-old man who has moved his family to Scotland to start  Young Life there.

But, then...

I laugh at the pink flamingoes gracing my front yard as a fundraiser for Relay For Life by Team Bunco.

But, then...

I wake up to news that the high schooler is now with the Great Comforter of all.

Moral of the Story: And, through it all, I have one known fact...God hears prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment