3.18.2015

Savoring a Devotional

My Grams always had a flipbook of small, daily devotionals opened on her kitchen table. The flipbook was always open to the current day.

My last devotional is almost 8 years old.

So, I was thrilled in December when I read that an author I enjoy, Shauna Niequist, was  releasing a 365-day devotional entitled Savor: Live Abundantly Where You Are, As You Are.

What a great thought practice?

I decided to not pre-order it because that just didn't seem f-u-n to me. Also, I didn't want to get an e-edition because I wanted to have the paper in my hands. The paper to feel the touch of my life through the upcoming years.

The book was released last week. I had not been able to find a copy in a bookstore. Then, Amazon sold out of it (I know, hard to fathom!).

But, thankfully, I snagged a copy today in Cville.

I may have had to dodge the symposium on Appalachian literature, but I stood on my tip-toes and smiled gleefully as I finally had my hands on the cloth-covered book.

 Moral of the Story: I opened to this random page...

No comments:

Post a Comment