1.20.2012

Friday Celebrations

You make it. To Friday.

This week seemed like the shortest (1 day off & 2 early dismissals), yet longest (meeting after meeting, assessment after assessment) week of the year.

Kids AND me respond well to routine and this week that habit was totally broken.

I was exhausted come Friday afternoon. This is pretty rare.

But, it didn't take long to recharge those batteries.

I ate my words this week. I was talking to a friend who just started student teaching we were having dinner and then heading to the cross-town rival basketball game...which meant we wouldn't get hom until 10 on a school night.

My words...'you have to make sure you keep getting out. do not slow down now. go for it. you have to.'

So, this Friday afternoon. I choose to celebrate not the moments of frustration or complain.

I choose to celebrate some moments that make me smile and make me feel alive.

I baked a cake rather than brownies. Oops.
Relaxing with Banco when Momma
stopped by.
Parallel parking successfully for the
first time in my life in Downtown Cpep.
I just remembered the textbook
from 9th grade.


Delish salads with Kat

A 5th Grader brought my a bag
of her homemade VT cookies and wrote a letter
about how I would just LOVE them...
I sent her a gift back...
After school I went to Sh'bam  a gym class I thought I'd never do and I had so much fun laughing with colleagues as we tried to dance. Then, we had life group which was fun and endearing.


Moral of the Story: Life is how you choose to remember it.

1 comment:

  1. Love this post. Love fun coworkers.

    Love that it's Saturday. BUT--wish it was snowing here.

    ReplyDelete