3.08.2012

Simple Image, Gut Riveting Aspiration

Simple Image, Gut Riveting Aspiration...

It's this season of the year, that I remind myself and thank God for his dream of living the life I lead.

It's this season of the year, that I remember I chose education over medicine because I want to be apart of the 'dirty work' of society.

It's this season of the year, that I smile and think 'ok, that didn't work, what can I try next...and repeat.'

It's this season of the year, that I remember with perseverance the snail reached the ark.

I will say that I'm thankful that I have waded 2 seasons before this, this season seems less frazzled and much more intentional and less overlapping with other compartments of my life. School only drips over, doesn't spill over.

I'm doing a much better job of living in the moment. Now, I'm at coaching. Now, I'm at Relay. Now, I'm with a friend. Now, I'm doing this. Now, I'm in a meeting. Now, this kid has fallen and can't get up. Now, this kid needs a smile.   I am focused and in the moment.

Today, I easily made the transition from teaching 8.5 hours with no break (lunch, resource they're always there) to coaching high schoolers. I savored with anticipation the 5 minute drive between schools. The silence.

But, I thought how thankful I am that I have found peace amongst third graders, amongst this life, amongst others.

I have grown to find happiness in the daily, rudimentary things...IMs from friends, homemade signs from students, connections to real life, jokes, laughter, yummy water and that my students always know where it is, the feel of wind through an open window, a sick child wanting a hug, texts from my dad that are hard to read, creative juices flowing, a child letting a child beat her at multiplication facts because the other student never wins, catching my dad in the press box and stealing a mozzerella stick, dinner at my house with my co-coach...

...the world is spinning and the world is changing...in the rudimentary seconds of the day that are so often overlooked.

Moral of the Story: With focused intention, all will be good. All will make it. The little moments lead up to the big change.


No comments:

Post a Comment