2.26.2013

Tuesday Tidbits


  1. I just called a boy. It took me 20 mins, a cup of water, and 3 phone calls to friends, 2 gchats, and 1 quick press of the finger to get it done. And, what did it do? Went to voicemail. All the build-up and then to voicemail. Years ago, I used to whisper 'go to voicemail, go to voicemail.' Now, I'm like 'please pick up, please pick up.'
  2. I have a tab open on my computer for tickets to the big Duke/UVA game. 
  3. Call me weird, but I have this new thing going on. I listen for birds chirping in the morning. It kind of reminds me of Katniss from Hunger Games. But, anyway, if you do listen then you'll hear them gently whispering 'spring.'
  4. "Yes 'mam." I became ancient after my first year of teaching. I gently started to demand and rolled into expecting a 'yes 'mam.'" Needless-to-say, a smiled wiped across my face when I heard a Smart Cookie naturally use 'yes 'mam' on the phone the other day.
  5. Duck Nation, Duck Dynasty premiere tomorrow night.
  6. I resumed this post 1.5 hours later after talking to Rebecca. Catching up on life never gets old.
  7. Sharing vulnerabilities is freeing.
  8. There's a lot of babies who are being born to mothers in their early 30s who need prayers. Scary sad.
  9. Who doesn't love the sounds of rain on the roof?
  10. I am still.
  11. I ate 3 Reese's Cups & 3 Oreos out of the conference room today. I'd have taken more if I could have.
Moral of the Story: Today, someone told me I talked like someone else. I've never heard that before. It made me think about the words that come out of my mouth.

No comments:

Post a Comment