6.29.2014

Lettuce from the Garden

I struggle with fresh lettuce. It's like the enemy for me.

I can handle all the other vegetables from a summer garden easily.

But, lettuce. It beats me every time.

I either...

  •  let it wilt because I accidently leave it out in the blistering sun once it has been cut.
  • don't clean it well enough and then it's gritty (yuck!).
  • I'm too lazy to clean it once it hit my fridge. So, I end up throwing it a way (true confession).
So, tonight, I was "all in" on making this summer lettuce work.

I got all the kitchen equipment out. I used a salad chopper, a salad spinner, a cookie sheet with paper towels on it, my Rachael Ray garbage bowl (because it automatically made me a better cook), knives, etc.

And, I performed a labor of love as I invested into the green, leafy lettuce.

If you have any tips or tricks for fresh lettuce, then please share.



Moral of the Story: Sadly, and yes materialistically, the highlight of the adventure was using my new Pampered Chef night. I wish I could say I found love or the meaning to life in the green leaves that I tended too. Maybe, one day. 


No comments:

Post a Comment